Location (City, State or Zip)
Nursing Director of Behavioral Health
An outstanding new opportunity for a Psych Nurse Director Mental Health is now available in the Boston area.
This award-winning non-profit 150-bed hospital has been providing exceptional care to its community for over 100 years and is a vital part of dynamic and large regional healthcare system. A wide range of services including primary care medicine, a wide range of surgical specialties and subspecialties, inpatient and outpatient psychiatry, emergency medicine, critical care, pediatrics, cardiology, neurology, and ambulatory surgery.
The Director oversees the inpatient clinical and administrative operations of all Psych units and consults with the Emergency department for the care of patient with psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities. In collaboration with the Chair of Psychiatry, the Psych Nurse Director Mental Health ensures that the Psychiatric Consultation Service operates according to the needs of the Organization.
The Director has twenty-four hour responsibility/accountability for the Department of Psychiatry. Patient care outcomes are the result of interdisciplinary collaboration coordinated by the Director. The Director is a key leader in moving the Department of Psychiatry towards a Patient-Centered Model following Recovery Principles.
- Monitors and analyzes trends involving census, acuity, staff resources and changes in patient population and recommends budgets for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Based on analysis, develops variance reports, corrective action plans and data needed to project future budgetary needs.
- Develops business plans for new clinical programs and market strategy for each specialty.
- Collaborates with Chair of Psychiatry in measuring physician productivity.
- Collaborates effectively with other department managers, administrative personnel and physicians in accordance with the Organization's mission and values.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Educators, for maintaining a level of staff competency and performance based on the standards and outcomes for patients.
- Utilizes procedures as defined by Human Resources, and related departments to provide counseling, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Acts as a liaison to community mental health providers, advocacy groups and outside agencies to meet community mental health needs.
Residents enjoy the history that fills this region, as well as the bustling city life nearby Atlantic Ocean. Common popular weekend activities in this area include boating, fishing, sailing, and biking.
This hospital is prepared to offer the right candidate a competitive salary, full benefits package, and relocation assistance if necessary. Apply today to be considered for this great opportunity.